Tuši

Tuši's blog

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

12836

Slovenia: CouchSurfing, Dovžanova Gorge, Preval


After some time I hosted again with CouchSurfing website. Sinéad from Republic of Ireland was my guest and on our first day I picked her up in Ljubljana and on our way to my home we visited the biggest tourist attraction in Tržič, Dovžan gorge.

 

 
The Dovžan Gorge is situated a few kilometres northern from the Tržič settlement in the heart of the Karavanke (Karawanks) mountain range. Wild streams of the Tržiška Bistrica river have been excavating a deep gorge for centuries uncovering stones, that bear witness to a long and interesting geological history. Read more on this link: http://m.slovenia.info/en/natural-attractions/dovzan-gorge

After the late lunch I took Sinéad to a nearby pasture called  Preval. We had a little more than 2 hours of hiking on a scenic path.

 
Sinéad and me on our way to Koča na Prevalu mountain hut, 1311 m

Descent back home

Afternoon hike to Koča na Prevalu mountain hut

No comments:

Post a Comment