Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, March 01, 2013

12342

New Zealand: Day 88: Rangitoto Island and Greetings Australia: Day 01


In the morning bus arrived to Auckland. My friends Maruša and Bor were busy working, so instead of visiting them I went to Rangitoto Island. I purchased a ticket for the boat that took me to there.

Leaving Auckland with a boat

Approaching Rangitoto Island, a volcanic island in the Hauraki Gulf near Auckland

Volcanic remains in the sea. The Rangitoto was formed by a series of eruptions between 550 and 600 years ago. The eruptions occurred in two episodes, 10–50 yrs apart.

Lava field with path and vegetation

 
 Lava caves

View from the island back to Auckland

Crater at the top

View back to the top over the lava field

Back to Auckland

My last trip in New Zealand to Rangitoto Island

After I got back, I took the bus to the airport and said goodbye to New Zealand. I had great 88 days here and if there will be a chance, I can definitely return to my 2nd country.

My New Zealand GPS track

One of these birds will take me to Sydney, Australia

Slowly returning back home, through Australia



In Australia I decided to use the power of CouchSurfing as much as possible and I must say I had a great start. My first host was Paul, who picked me up at the airport in the evening and then we went to his house together, where he introduced me to his beagle and we had a cup of wine, maybe two.

No comments:

Post a Comment