Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

12356

Australia: Day 15: Melbourne And Footy Match (NAB cup)


After two days without proper food I decided to cook something real in the hostel.

My hostel, Melbourne Connection

 
Meat, cheese and potatoes after 2 days

After the lunch I went to the Melbourne Library, where they gave me free ID for internet, so I could continue sending CouchSurfing requests

Later on, I decided to explore the city of Melbourne, the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, with more than 5 million population.

Flinders Street Station, was the first railway station in an Australian city, the terminus for the first use of steam rail in Australia and the world's busiest passenger station in the late 1920s.

Joel, Charlie, Rocky and Samuel are the Paparazzi Dogs on Federation Square

Parliament House in Melbourne has been the seat of the Parliament of Victoria, Australia, since 1855

Chinatown was established in 1851.

Beer before the NAB Cup match with CouchSurfers

One of my previous hosts suggested me to visit a Footy match and I followed his advise.

Australian rules football playing field

18 players on each side started the game, Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions. 24,884 attendees saw a good match, but Lions were better at the finish and won 109 (0-16-13) against 69 (2-7-9). Match report.

 






Winners: Brisbane Lions

Melbourne City Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment