Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, December 28, 2012

12279

New Zealand: Day 25: Waitakere Ranges Regional Park - Kai Iwi Lakes - Trounson Kauri Park


I woke up early and started bush-walking in Waitakere Ranges Regional Park. I walked a couple of tracks on the map, still there was no impressive views due the very thick fog. It reminded me to a Czechoslovakian cartoon from my childhood, Rákosníček or in Slovene Palček Smuk. It began like this: Behind such a dense fog, that could be cut, maybe a little longer, ... For an example in Slovene language CLICK.

Definitely bush-walking

A little better view to a small bay in Tasman Sea

 

 

I walked on a Hilary trail, but not the whole one. A short documentary about the 70 km trail is on youtube.

Beach in Karekare

End of my bush-walk after almost 3 hours

9 kilometres around Karekare in Waitakere Ranges Regional Park

After the walk I explored the rest of the Waitakere Ranges with a motorbike and then continued north to Trounson Kauri Park.

In the middle, Lion Rock in Piha

A bay in Piha, 39 kilometres west of Auckland city centre

Tasman Sea

Going to Kitekite falls

Kitekite falls

Closer look

And here we go, Sonja did 20000 miles in 16 years

  

Kai Iwi Lakes

Entering kiwi zone
In Trounson Kauri Park I set up the tent and in the evening I went into the forest with a Belgium couple with red torches. We went looking for a kiwi. We did 2 laps in a designated route, but unfortunately no luck, still we saw New Zealand longfin eel and Possum.
New Zealand longfin eel

 


No comments:

Post a Comment