Tuši

Tuši's blog

Sunday, December 09, 2012

12260

NEW ZEALAND: DAY 6: Mount Holdsworth

Some tips, that John gave me, still had to be done, so in the morning I rode to the Holdsworth campsite, where road ends, and I started walking towards the top of the mountain.

Our camp, Mawley Holiday Park, in Masterton was great, with nice kitchen, clean showers and toilets

DOC Holdsworth campsite reception, where I left my motorbike

 
 My maps for hiking to Mount Holdsworth

 
Tracks are quite different than in Slovenia and also well marked 

Rocky Lookout

My destination was still far away

 

 
On my way to the top through the forest 

Powell Hut 

 
Mountain flowers 

30 minutes more to the top


View from Mount Holdsworth, 1470 m a.m.s.l.

Me after 1100 m ascent

Another view from the top towards east

 

 

Some photos from descend

Definitely a bird, but which one?
Hiking to Mount Holdsworth

3 comments:

  1. The bird is a wood pigeon. Or Keru in Maori.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tnx for info mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lepo si se to "vtrgo" :)

    ReplyDelete