Tuši

Tuši's blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

12275

New Zealand: Day 20: Waiouru Army Museum - Desert Road - Lake Rotoaira - Taupo Christmas Eve

It was my last day at work in year 2012 and I was prepared to take off to my vacation immediately after it. And so it was, at noon I started riding towards North. After a couple of kilometres I had my first unscheduled stop because of the rain. I covered my luggage and continued. An hour passed and I had to stop for the second time in Pahiatua. This time police control and alcohol test. I passed with flying colours and they let me go in 10 seconds. Quite a different procedure then in Slovenia, when they always check the papers and compulsory car equipment and they need minimum 10 minutes per client. After that, it all continued smoothly.

Tui brewery in Mangatainoka

Saddle road led me to Te Apiti Wind Farm

No more black clouds and the country became immediately nicer

 

 
Passed by Waiouru Army Museum and took some photos
 
X-mas was in the air in Waiouru


Riding through Rangipo desert on Desert road, SH1

Rangipo desert is located in the Ruapehu District on the North Island Volcanic Plateau  

We meet again, Mount Ngauruhoe

Still active volcanic area, Te Maari crater, last erupted in late November 2012

Ducks and Black Swans in Lake Rotoaira

Lake Rotoaira and Te Maari crater with local ducks in a line formation

 Largest lake by surface area in New Zealand, Lake Taupo, 616 km2

Red Sonja and Lake Taupo

Moving to the northern part of the big lake

Waitahanui river flows into Lake Taupo
End of riding for today and time to prepare X-mas dinner

Sunset in Taupo Great Lake Holiday Park

X-mas dinner, Chili con carne, Fruit Salad and Cabernet Sauvignon

No comments:

Post a Comment