Tuši

Tuši's blog

Sunday, December 23, 2012

12274

New Zealand: Day 19: Manawatu Gorge, Whitby


On my way back to Justice Family I took a quick look at the nearby wind farm at Tararua. Tararua wind farm is located on 700 hectares of private sheep and beef farming land on the south side of the Manawatu Gorge, in the Tararua Ranges. Tararua wind farm is New Zealand’s largest wind farm, both in terms of number of turbines and output. Its 134 turbines have a combined capacity of 161 megawatts and an average annual output of 620,000 megawatt hours.

View to Tararua wind farm from Ashhurst
 I continued through Manawatu Gorge, but this time I decided to have a short 20 minute loop walk.

Manawatu Gorge

20 minute Loop walk was my decision, so I continued with my motorbike pants and shoes

  
Nice walk in the forrest

Possum traps are found everywhere


 
 Te Apiti Wind farm on the North side of the gorge and turbines on the south side

Manawatu Gorge from the top

Since 20 minute loop wasn't enough, I continued. Resting at the middle point of 10 km track

White horse rapids on Manawatu river

  

 

 
 Local flora

10 km hike in Manawatu Gorge

Thanks mate. I hitch-hiked on my way back and the driver of this truck gave me a lift.

Sonja waited the way I left her

My day continued with the ride on a great road from Pahiatua to Aokautere and on SH1 to Whitby, where Justices already had a party. I just switched my clothes and a refreshing beer was in my hand.

Emily, thanks for invitation
And before we went to bed, we watched a movie.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment