Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

12265

NEW ZEALAND: DAY 11: Tongariro National Park

After work I started my motorbike tour towards the oldest national park in New ZealandTongariro National Park. Tongariro National Park was the fourth national park established in the world. The active volcanic mountains Ruapehu, Ngauruhoe, and Tongariro are located in the centre of the park.

Riding through Manawatu Gorge (in Maori Te Apiti, meaning 'The Narrow Passage')

Updated Garmin Oregon 550 has new default routing. Yes, I turned around.

Nice weather, green country, nice roads and many sheep. Note I received: Sheep is a noun with identical singular and plural.

Passed by Mount Ruapehu, 2,797 m, largest active volcano in New Zealand and also the highest point in the North Island.

 

Kiwis on the road

 
 Waitonga Falls walk in the evening

Waitonga Falls is with 39 m the tallest waterfall in Tongariro National Park
It was already dark and suddenly I saw a red/blue lights behind me. Definitely police. So I stopped and waited for him. Policeman check the motorbike and my driving license. Almost all was OK, except my rear light bulb was not working. Anyway, since I explained, that I had only 10 kilometres in front of me, he let me go and told me to be extra careful with the traffic behind me. First experience with cops was good, hope it will be like that in the future.

Arrived in my first DOC (Department Of Conservation) camp-site, where you are your own receptionist. You just put the money in the envelope, fill in your data and drop the envelop in a designated place. Cool and especially cheap. This one was 6$ per night.

Riding with Sonja, Suzuki RF 900 R

No comments:

Post a Comment