Tuši

Tuši's blog

Thursday, August 04, 2022

15785

Romania: Summer Vacation 2022 - Day 8: Hike & Fly - Furnica, Bucegi Mountains 


Our main destination for this year's summer vacation was Romania. Today, we had an easy day ahead of us, hike from Cota 1400 to Furnica, 2103 m. Bronco and Nada hiked back, while I used my wing and I flew down to the valley.

Previous days of our Summer Vacation 2022: Day 7 - 15784, Day 6 - 15783, Day 5 - 15782, Day 4 - 15781, Day 3 - 15780, Day 2 - 15779, Day 1 - 15778.

 
When you start hiking, you wake up quickly.

I made a short detour for a geocache, so Bronco and Nada patiently waited for me.

View towards Caraiman Peak with Heroes' Cross on the top.

I found a nice spot for the take off.

 
When you are clumsy.

 
2nd attempt was successful.

My first flight in Romania.

 
Bronco closely followed me.

High above the ground.

Well Bronco, you will have to walk back down.

Towards Poiana Țapului.

Caraiman Peak also has a good take off site. Maybe next time.

Looking back to my take off site Furnica.

 
Due to the strong valley wind I slowly advanced to the landing site.

All done, time for a beer - Garmin Connect.

 
On the way back we bought some fresh trout and back home, we put them on the barbecue.

Happy chef is a good chef.

Analysing the clumsiness.

Geocaches found (all received a visit by trackable items "Magic: The Gathering, Rivals of Ixalan Trackable: Vampire Die Bonbon Dose", TB8Q8AY and "Finnish Flag Micro Geocoin", TB9N8D5):
- Skibumsky, GC3N2D4
- Cota 2000 Varful cu Dor, GC4WCAE
- Kalinderu, GC2K5CD

No comments:

Post a Comment