Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, October 06, 2023

16213

Croatia: Summer Vacation, Day 8: Hike Across The Velebit - Stage 6 - From Tatekova Koliba to Dušice


Velebit is the largest mountain range in Croatia, stretching for about 145 kilometers along the Adriatic coast, separating the coastal region from the interior of the country and Nada, Bronco and me decided to hike from its start at Vratnik pass to an end, peak Crnopac, above Zrmanja river, where it transitions into the Dalmatian hinterland.

Today I started hiking quite early, before sunrise, which is always a good decision, especially if you have a long way ahead of you. Stap was soon behind me; Malo Rujno too and in Veliko Rujno I made a break. Soon I was back on my feet, direction highest peak of the Velebit, Vaganski vrh. It was a funny day, since I saw many people in this area. After I conquer the highest peak, I continued to Sveto brdo and then I just descended to Dušice shelter. I refilled my water supplies in nearby water source, cooked dinner and went to bed. While I was reading another guest came with the dog so we had a short evening chat, before we fell asleep.

Previous days of our Summer Vacation 2024: Day 7 - 16212, Day 6 - 16211, Day 5 - 16210,  Day 4 - 16209, Day 3 - 16208, Day 2 - 16207 and Day 1 - 16206.

Early start.

Stapina tower, 1125 m.

 
Through the forest with mushrooms.

Macrolepiota procera, the parasol mushroom.

On Račabuša mountain plateau.

Hello Sun.

Approaching civilization in Malo Rujno.

Break near the church in Veliko Rujno.

View from lookout point below Stražbenica.

View to Velika Paklenica from below Buljma sadle.

Approaching Struge shelter.

I refilled my water supply in Marasovac.

Velebit in the North West direction from a point below Babin vrh.

On top of Velebit, Vaganski vrh, 1757 m.

View from Sveto Brdo to the rest of the Velebit (South East), which I will hike tomorrow. We can see  lack of vegetation on the seaward side and the wood-covered slopes of the Lika side.

Next time I have to come with my paraglider.

This part of the mountain was behind me.

 
Crossroad that point to Dušice shelter and water source.

 
Finally time to eat and relax at shelter Dušice.

My sixth day on Velebit.


No comments:

Post a Comment