Tuši

Tuši's blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

15167

Slovenia: Hike & Fly - Begunjščica


Another nice day for hiking and flying. Today Nada took me to Ljubelj, from where I started the hike past Pasture Prevala to Begunjščica. In good 2 hours I reached the top, took some photos and soon I was ready to fly. My glider had different opinion, so I started with the cravatte, a nasty kind of collapse, where the fabric of the wingtip becomes trapped in the lines. Luckily, the take off site is very big on Begunjščica, so I was able to land after a few meters and I repeated the procedure, this time, without any issues. Steady flight towards Koča na Robleku mountain hut and over Pasture Prevala took me over our house, where I landed.

 
Start of the hike.

Through the tunnel.

That damn fog again.

After a while we got the visibility back.

The summit of Begunjščica is near.

Awesome view to the mountains around Stol and Triglav.

 
Getting ready. Attempt number 1.

2nd attempt was a success. View to Begunjščica, my take off site.

Thin layer of fog with Kamnik Savinja Alps.

As always, shoe photo.

Our home and a landing site below the ridge that leads to Veliki vrh.

Nada spotted me from below.

Birdie in the air.

Since I was testing a new seat, my legs were moving around a lot.

Touch down.

That's all Folks!

Hike & fly - Begunjščica.

No comments:

Post a Comment