Tuši

Tuši's blog

Tuesday, July 06, 2021

15391

Slovenia: Hike & Fly - Pogorelec


I woke up early in the morning in a sleeping bag next to my car in Dolenjske Toplice. Weather was nice, so I decided to drive to Podturn, where I left my car and started hiking towards the Pogorelec village, the lost Gottscheer village, that was burned down by Italians in 1942, luckily all the inhabitants already moved out a year before. I continued towards the summit of Pogorelec, but I ran into a 2 small bears and their mama at a distance around 30 meters. She was not pleased with my presence, and my shouting and waving didn't help, so she started to run towards me. Although all the books say, that you should stay calm or even lay down on the floor, I simply started running away from them. Luckily she run only 30 meters and then she stopped, otherwise she wouldn't see their little ones anymore. Good for her, even better for me. At this point I continued returning to the abandoned village and then I took a different route to the planned summit, this time whistling and making noise with a stick. 2nd attempt was successful, so I stretched my wing and I flew back to Podturn. Nada still needed to finish with her last physical therapies, so I went into the spa for a few hours and then we returned back home.

 
Hiking to Pogorelec. The settlement got its name after the clearing and burning of cleared forest areas.

A monument to fallen soldiers.

After the liberation, a forest hut was built on the site, which was intended for overnight accommodation of forestry workers.

At the take of site Pogorelec, 817 m.

Nice day for flying - Garmin Connect.

Tuesday evenings are reserved for basketball.

Geocaches found:
- IKV - Pogorelec, GC86PVW
- E7_SLO_106, GC3V2N0
- E7_SLO_104, GC3V2FP
- E7_SLO_103, GC3V2J1


No comments:

Post a Comment