Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, January 05, 2013

12287

New Zealand: Day 33: Mountain biking in Belmont Regional Park


Since I rode with a motorbike for the last couple of days and my body needed a recovery from it, I followed John's advice and went mountain biking. I took his mountain bike and went to nearest park.

Belmont Regional Park is the largest of the Wellington regional parks

Cannons Creek Lakes Reserve was my entry to the Belmont Regional Park

 

Short break on the middle of the ascent

Q: Where to? A: Belmont Trig

Soon, I'll be at the top

Belmont Trig, 457 m

View to Wellington Harbour

Cockpit view

Nice weather usually offers great views in New Zealand. This one is towards west and Tasman Sea.

 
 Conquered Cannons Head, 390 m and Round Knob, 410 m

On top of Round Knob

John's bicycle on Round Knob. Wonder if it was here before (only top counts).

Belmont Regional Park used to be a military place for munition magazines.

 
Almost lost one of the caps and signs, that I hate the most, "Private property". Also almost had a flat tyre, luckily I was able to inflate it. 

Analyzed a great trip with a computer and John's home-brew


No comments:

Post a Comment