Tuši

Tuši's blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

12090

While Max and Galina were still lying in bed I packed my bags and prepared the motorbike for riding. After a while they were awake and the goodbye process began. Thank you Max and Galina for a short but very pleasant stay in Odessa.

My plan for today was riding, riding and riding and my destination was my Couchsurfing host Dima in Makiivka just outside Donetsk.

Beaches near Odessa

Fields are everywhere in the countryside

Crossing the Dnieper River in Dnipropetrovsk

My ass is burning, roads suck and still 234 kilometres to my destination, Donetsk

At this point, I called my host Dima
Soon I met my host Dima and we went to his place, where I unpacked my luggage. A letter was waiting for me at his place, a football ticket four UEFA Euro 2012 match, that I bought 2 weeks ago from couchsurfer Andy. Since there was no time, that he would send the ticket to me in Slovenia, we agreed, that I transfer the money to him and he sends the ticket to my host. Everything was obviously smooth. Ticket was for quarter-final match in Donbass arena between winner in group C and runner-up in group D.

My ticket for football match between Spain and France
After unpacking we put my motorbike to public parking place in the city. This was the first time that I put my motorbike to secure parking place. Obviously Dima the Doctor convinced me. In the end, I didn't regret it, because it was very very cheap.

Long trip made me quite hungry so we went to Donetsk to eat something. I wanted something traditional and Dima suggested Borscht (борщ) to me. It was a very delicious food and off course we finished the day with beer.


11 hours of  riding or torture... well it was OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment