Tuši

Tuši's blog

Monday, August 13, 2012

12086

It was time to say goodbye to Szeged and my hosts Viki and Réka. Thanks a lot for everything. Soon I also left Hungary and entered Romania.

Entering Romania at Cenad

Where will this road lead me?

Left, right, straight ahead?

 
Some friends on the road

In the end, the decision was good, the completely new road went up to 2100 meters above sea level
The Transalpina or DN67C located in the Parâng Mountains group, in the Southern Carpathians of Romania, is one of the most spectacular roads of the Carpathian Mountains. It connects Novaci, south of Parâng Mountains, to Sebeş in the north. It was not part of my plan, but it was fantastic.

Transalpina, DN67C

After a while I was back in the valley and the area was full of monasteries. I visited only two, since I didn't want them to keep me there.

Polovragi monastery

Hurezi monastery
In Curtea de Argeș I filled my food and water supplies and I started to ascend back into the mountains on the famous Transfăgărășan road. I had a short stop at Poenari castle, also known as the Dracula castle. I totally forgot, that I should've adjusted the clock, so the castle was already closed for the visitors. Nevertheless I ignored the signs and the entrance guy and I just went through the forest and then I climbed 1480 steps. The ruins were there.

Poenari citadel
 I continued north and after the sunset I set a tent near the road and Argeș River.

Lake Vidraru, artificial lake created in 1965 for electricity production

No comments:

Post a Comment