Tuši

Tuši's blog

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

12084

I started my Eastern Europe trip with my motorbike. My plan was to visit the following countries: Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic and Austria, and since there was UEFA European football championship in Poland and Ukraine, I also wanted to see a match somewhere. My first day was mostly riding through Slovenia and Hungary, direction East and my end point was Szeged, also known as Sun city. My only longer stop was in Baja, where I had their famous fish soup in Potyka csárda, just before crossing the Danube river.

Entering Hungary

 
Fish soup with a beer in Baja

Danube river

Good choice

600 kilometres on my first day

In Szeged I had everything arranged for sleeping with the help of Couchsurfing. My hosts were the newbies in this, Réka and Viki. Réka was also the one, who suggested a fish soup in Baja to me. Thanks! Although they were new in the "business", they were magnificent. In the evening we went out together, had a quick city tour and then a beer in the city centre with one eye on the football match on the big screen. Two friends, Gábor and Andrea also joined and helped with the beer.

Entering the third largest city of Hungary

City centre before the football match Greece - Russia

Tisza river runs through Szeged

No comments:

Post a Comment