Tuši

Tuši's blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

12089

After a breakfast Julia and I did a quick tour around the city.

Breakfast for the champions

In the park again - 2 great guys - Alexander Pushkin and me

Lake Valea Morilor

Julia and me with the water tower behind us

Ice cream for goodbye
Thank you Julia for great time in Chișinău. On my way out of the city, police stopped me. Speeding they said, limit was 50 and they measured 96 km/h. A policeman started to mention a fine and 100€. Then we both sat in his car a we started negotiating, I started to explain, that I am out of money and after 5 minutes we agreed to a final price, 190 MDL, cca 15€.

After some more kilometres I entered Transnistria, a breakaway territory located mostly on a strip of land between the Dniester river and the eastern Moldovan border with Ukraine. On the border I needed to fill 2 forms and 2 copies each. Also I had to pay some money for the stamps. Crazy bureaucrats are everywhere.

Entering Transnistria

Filling the papers for motorbike...

... and me. 2 copies each.
When you already think, that you're done with the paperwork, a surprise came, when I wanted to leave Transnistria also called Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR). Border policeman told me that I was illegally in the country and if I don't give him a gift, I will have to turn around and return the same way I came in the PMR. Ukraine was only 50 meters away and he almost pissed me off. In the end we agreed for the gift and the thing, that I am almost without money turned out to be good again. 50 MDL (4€) was good in the end.

Finally Ukraine

When you are in driving school you have to prove that you can drive on this beast
And finally, my destination was here, Odessa. My hosts here was a couple, Max and Galina. Max showed me the city a little bit and we tasted a couple of Jantar (Amber) beers.

Parking place for my bike and a motorbike, that needs a little pimping

Max and me

In the bus around the city

Russian soup for dinner
I met Galina later, because she was at the beach till the evening. Since we were all pretty tired we decided to watch a movie before going to bed.

Not many kilometres, but a lot of paper work

No comments:

Post a Comment