Tuši

Tuši's blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

12087

I woke up quite early, had a great breakfast and soon I packed the tent and continue with my riding.

Wild camping near the Argeș River

Southern part of Transfăgărășan road and the Sun has started to rise

Still a lot of snow in June in Făgăraș Mountains

If you are a motor-biker, then you shouldn't miss this magnificent road 

The Southern part of Făgăraș Mountains were behind me and after the short tunnel I met the Bâlea Lake, a glacier lake situated at 2034 m. I changed my motorbike clothes for hiking gear and I started walking around the area.

Bâlea Lake (2034 m, 46,508 m², 11.35 m deep) - periglacial lake, the largest in Făgăraș Mountains

Icy parts were not easy to pass

Amazing view to the Bâlea Lake and the valey with the Transfăgărășan road

Cupra lake, 18,340 m², sitting at 2249 meters altitude,  under the peak of Vânătoarea lui Buteanu.


View to the nearby mountains

Lunch at 2507 m

Vânătoarea lui Buteanu, 2507 m, is the eighth highest peak in Romania

Could this be your new wallpaper?


  
Flowers 

Blue Horse

Unforgettable

They used 6 million kilograms of dynamite to build the northern part of this amazing road

In the afternoon I left the mountains. Sighișoara, Vlad Dracul's birthplace was my next destitination.

Vlad Țepeș or Vlad the Impaler or Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia (1431-1476), son of Vlad II Dracul

The landmark of the city is the Clock Tower, a 64m high tower built in the 13th century.

Covered Staircase - a very old stone staircase with a wooden roof along the whole span.

Plate honouring Vlad Dracul in Sighişoara (marking the house where Vlad the Impaler was allegedly born)

After some more riding it was time to set the tent again somewhere beside the road, where nobody could bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment