Tuši

Tuši's blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

12088

I woke up in another beautiful morning in the wild and riding time began.

My new camping site with my precious

Countryside near Gheorgheni
My first destination was Red lake or Lacul Roşu in Romanian. The name of "Lacul Roşu" comes from the reddish alluvia deposited in the lake by the Red Creek.

Lacul Roşu - Red lake
My next sight was the Bicaz canyon, dug by the waters of Bicaz river. The road along the 8 kilometres of ravines, often in serpentines with rock on one side and a sheer drop on the other, is one of the most spectacular drives in the country.

Towards Bicaz

Shops in Bicaz canyon

Bicaz river with the road and steep rocks
After some more kilometres I was at the border between Romania and Moldova, border checkpoint Sculeni. Out of EU and you already have to pay. ECO tax is obviously very common thing in ex communist countries.

Yeah right.

Entering Republic of Moldova

Paying ECO tax to cross the border

Typical Moldovan road, that connects lager cities

Resting place by the Moldovan road with fresh water from the fountain

Trains were able to achieve more than 1 Mach

The small sign when you enter the capital, Chișinău.

Even-tough I had the latest maps on my Garmin Oregon 550, Moldova had only major roads in it and you wouldn't believe it,  the street where my destination was, was also there.

Moldovan wine was in my itinerary and my host Julia served it to me. Thanks!

My dinner at Julia's place in Chișinău. Was great with the delicious wine.

Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin monument in "his" park

Alexander Pushkin monument in a park that also bears his name. Pushkin was exiled to southern Russia in 1820 and found his way to Kishinev, where he remained until 1823. His house (now museum) is situated behind the city's Botanical Gardens. Other busts and statues of local authors are also found in the park, hence non-Russian residents often call the park "Mihai Eminescu Park" after a famous Romanian poet who once resided in Moldova.

Bere Chișinău
Bye bye EU

No comments:

Post a Comment