Tuši

Tuši's blog

Wednesday, October 01, 2025

16939

Slovenia / Austria: Geocaching


After spending the last two days in Velenje on business, I decided to make the trip there on my motorcycle. Once my work obligations were finished today, I jumped back on my Blue Horse and headed home.

Instead of taking the fastest route, I crossed into Austria and enjoyed a more scenic ride through the mountains and countryside. The weather was pleasant, the roads were quiet, and the ride provided a welcome opportunity to unwind after two busy days.

Of course, no journey is complete without a bit of geocaching. Along the way, I made several stops to search for a few caches, adding a small adventure to the ride and giving me an excuse to explore places I would otherwise have simply passed by.

Detour for geocache.

According to a legend, the Devil tore this rock from Mount Petzen (Peca) in a fit of rage after losing a soul he had hoped to claim and hurled it into the Jaun Valley - Podjuna. Even today, the Devil's "thumbprint" can supposedly be seen on the front side of the rock.

 
Looking for the devils thumbprint.

Geocaches found (all received a visit by trackable items "Second Angel of peace", TBA8B55 and "Twin Star", TB33TN8):
- Največji Titov kip na 🌍svetu🌍, Virtual, GC8916F
- Logika I, Mystery, GC3HKDT
- Teufelsstein Jaunstein, GC6JJ3A


No comments:

Post a Comment