Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, August 14, 2021

15430

Slovenia: Hike & Fly - Vajnež


I continued with my flying days. Today my destination was Vajnež. I started hiking from Lake Završnica and past Valvasorjev dom mountain hut I reached the summit in 3 hours. I made a short break, took a few pictures, found a geocache and then it was time to start flying. At first I lost quite a lot of altitude, but below Stol I got lucky and the thermals started to work, so I gained enough height, that I was able to continue along the South side of Begunjščica straight home. This was my longest flight so far.

The water from the Urbas spring is very cold and the water temperature is very constant (4° C).

Time for a drink and a photo of Upper-Sava valley with Jesenice and Julian Alps.

 
Finally I reached the summit of Vajnež.

Very nice take off place.

Over Završnica valley I joined the ridge of Begunjščica.

 
My village - Podljubelj.

 
My neighbours have a party.

Great hike & fly day.

Geocache found:
- Vajnež (2.104 m), GC8C85T, that received a visit by trackable item "Filmmusik", TB7370F


No comments:

Post a Comment