Tuši

Tuši's blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

14614

Croatia: Riding from Slovenia to Montenegro, Day 2


I gave myself a present of a free week and decided to use it for cycling. My goal was to cycle from my home country to Montenegro.

My second day started with a big breakfast in Crikvenica. I soon said goodbye to my aunt Marija and cousin Tomislav and in slight rain I continued pedaling South on Adriatic Highway, that will be my home for the next few hundred kilometers. Windy day with some showers accompanied me today, but that just slowed me down a little, nothing more.

Previous days of the bike trip: Day 1.

View to the Adriatic Sea

View to islands Rab, Krk, Prvić, Goli otok and Otok Sveti Grgur

As usual, wind was blowing into the wrong direction

 
 Passing through Starigrad Paklenica, where I visited the medieval church from 10th century

Interior of St.Peter church

Looking back

The original Maslenica bridge was destroyed by explosives on 21 November 1991 during the Croatian War of Independence. The new one was opened in 2005.

Novsko Ždrilo is a strait of the Adriatic Sea between the Novigrad Sea and the Velebit Channel. From the old Maslenica bridge we can se the new Maslenica bridge, that is actually newer than the new bridge.

 
At this point I opened the booking app and decided to book a bed in Zadar.

From Slovenia to Montenegro, day 2 - 191 km


GeoCaches found (all received a visit by trackable items "Siebasiach's Figure Eight Geocoin", TB735HE, "Sanban s1", TB42DJW and "Julia ud Zweeenes 100000 Caches", TB35GHN):
- Starigrad Paklenica - North-Western entrance, GC6PJT8
- Starigrad Paklenica - St.Peter church, GC6PP0M
- Starigrad Paklenica - Eastern entrance, GC6PP0Z
- Maslenicki most, GC3PBYK

No comments:

Post a Comment