Tuši

Tuši's blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

12327

New Zealand: Day 73: Servicing Motorbike and Test Ride with Geocaching


We have quite a lot of tools at work, so I decided to change front brake pads and mirrors on my motorbike. Front brakes were worn out and mirrors were damaged a bit. All these had to be done before the South Island trip, that starts tomorrow.

My Red Sonja needed new front brake pads and new mirrors

Front brake pads were worn out, so I replaced them with new organic ones, brand EBC,  FA145, ordered from ebay.

Everything went smoothly and soon I was changing mirrors. An easy task wasn't that easy at all, because someone made a really bad copy of the originals. New mirrors were shorter, with longer screw tread.

New and old mirrors

 

After some adjustments also the new mirrors fitted

All was done and it was time for a test ride. I decided to take a nice SH2 road over the Rimutakas. I had a great ride all the way to Lake Ferry with some geocaching on the way. When I was returning, I had a big smile on my face, since the road was totally empty all the time and I really enjoyed my Valentine's day with my Sonja.

 
On the west side of Lake Wairarapa I stopped by the All Saints church at Waiorongomai

 
My destination, Lake Ferry

Great waves for surfers

Happy Valentines

On my way back I stopped by Burnside church

Valentines ride with my Red Sonja

A couple of geocaches I found on my test ride:
1. All Saints’ Church, GC2DVAJ
2. Allsops Bay, GC2DVAH
3. East West, GC2DVAG
4. Pirinoa, GC2DZF6
5. Lake Ferry, GC3MNYB where I took trackable item "Tomlom´s Reisender Back to Germany", TB3DFF5
6. Lake ferry, GC1NWBM
7. Burnside church, GC22Z9M

No comments:

Post a Comment