Tuši

Tuši's blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

11784

Sunday morning was time for me to say goodbye to another incredible group of CouchSurfers.

Last breakfast

The famous one is leaving

Getting dressed
So I left. Since my Garmin Oregon 550 was a little confused, because I turned off motorways and so he kept on calculating I decided to ride for a while to the South. After some time of easy cruising I saw this sign.

France?
That's not Germany anymore! Now I just realised how close to France we were all the time, and now I know, that I entered mainland France at their most eastern point in Lauterbourg, Alsace. It was time to turn on the motorways on my Garmin, and soon I was riding east. In Ulm I decided to return to preferred direction, South, towards TyrolAustria. I was already tired of long highways and riding without a mirror didn't help either. In Austria I rode on side roads and I passed two roads with more than 1500 meters altitude, Gerlos pass and Felbertauernstrasse with Felbertauerntunnel.



 
Price was 4.40€ for me, because they didn't accept Maestro card and I was out of cash

Gerlos Alpenstrasse

Krimml Waterfalls

Tunnel near Krimml Waterfalls
Slovenia was closer and closer and after 860 kilometres and 12 hours and a half of riding I was finally home. My back wouldn't bend even for a soup in a prison floor anymore.



3 days, 1900 kilometres

Slovenia-Austria-Germany-Invasion-Germany-France-Germany-Austria-Slovenia
And here it is, finally. Video from our CouchSurfing Invasion to Germany 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment