Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, September 26, 2025

16934

Slovenia: MTB - Tamar & Source of Nadiža


Today was the start of the final weekend of Čera Hiking's 2024/2025 mountaineering school. The group spent the weekend at Planinsko Zavetišče Slatna, where a variety of activities and workshops were planned. As part of the program, I prepared three MTB tours for the participants.

The first and shortest ride was planned for this afternoon, leading from Podkoren to the Tamar Valley, with an additional visit to the nearby Nadiža Spring. Reaching the spring requires a short hike, so the bikes had to be left in the valley.

The weather forecast was far from promising, and in the end no one joined the ride, so I set off alone. Just as I arrived in Tamar, the rain started falling, forcing me to take shelter in the mountain hut for a while. Fortunately, the weather soon improved, allowing me to continue to the source of the Nadiža.

Since I was riding on my own, I decided to modify the original route and added a climb to the summit of Velikanka ski-jumping hill. After enjoying the views, I descended by road back to our base for the weekend, Planinsko Zavetišče Slatna, where I met up with the rest of the Čera Hiking participants and wrapped up another enjoyable day in the mountains - Garmin Connect.

Riding towards Planica.

Dom v Tamarju mountain hut.

STOP for bicycles.

Information board dedicated to the crew of the American bomber B-24G "Bugs", which crashed near Kotovo Sedlo during World War II.

Parking for bikes.

  
A short walk along the Nadiža stream leads to its picturesque source beneath the steep cliffs of the Tamar Valley.

View over Tamar valley to Slemenova Špica.

Crystal-clear water emerges from the rocks.

The Nadiža spring in Tamar, often regarded as the starting point of the Sava Dolinka.

 
From this spring in the Tamar Valley, the water begins a journey of nearly 1900 kilometres through the Sava and Danube rivers before reaching the Black Sea.

Back in Tamar valley.

 
Planica, where ski jumpers and ski flyers have been pushing the limits of human flight for decades.

It's a long way down.

Home for 3 days.

Evening activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment