Today I completed the 40x to
Koča na Ljubelju hiking challenge, and once again Bronco joined me on the trail. Since we had plenty of time, we decided not to stop at the hut and continued all the way to
Povna peč, enjoying the beautiful views and the peaceful surroundings along the way.
The additional detour turned the outing into a pleasant circular hike and provided a perfect ending to another day in the mountains. As the challenge runs until the end of November, I'm sure Bronco and I will be back a few more times before it is over.
 |
| Koča na Ljubelju stands beside the former Ljubelj border crossing, at one of Europe's oldest mountain passes. |
 |
| The iconic obelisks are among the most recognizable landmarks of Ljubelj Pass. |
 |
| Forty times in 2025. |
 |
| Austria stretching out below, seen from the summit of Povna peč (1,503 m). |
Following an unmarked trail, we returned to the valley and completed the circular hike - Garmin Connect.
No comments:
Post a Comment