Today I took some time to explore new trails on the northern side of the
Karawanks, more specifically the area north of
Loibl Pass (Prelaz Ljubelj). This time my companion was my Black Mamba, ready for another mountain adventure. We crossed the Loibl tunnel to the
Austrian side and continued along forest gravel roads. I rode as far as the terrain allowed. One of today's goals was to reach the summit of
Rjavca (1789 m). Since there is no rideable trail all the way to the top, I left Black Mamba lower down and continued on foot. After reaching the summit and enjoying the views, I decided to make a circular hiking route through the surrounding terrain. The loop was beautiful and remote, but the final section was not the easiest. The trail disappeared several times, requiring some navigation, route finding and a bit of adventure spirit. Once the loop was completed, I returned to the bike and continued with the best part of the day - the ride back home. Another day spent exploring hidden corners of the Karawanks, combining
mountain biking with a bit of
hiking and adventure. These are exactly the kind of trips I enjoy the most: gravel roads, unknown trails, a little uncertainty, and the satisfaction of discovering something new -
Garmin Connect.
 |
| Alone on the gravel road. |
 |
| View towards Košuta ridge. |
 |
| One of the hunter huts on the way. |
 |
| Near the end of the road, I spotted another hut. |
End of the road and time to continue on foot.
Approaching a peak called Bela peč (Weiße Wand), 1684 m.  |
| An old larch tree on the summit of Bela Peč. |
 |
| Trees on Bela peč. |
 |
| You are being watched. |
Admiring the view.
 |
| Once the snow is deep enough, we'll be back to ski this couloir again. |
 |
| Even Storžič could be seen in the far distance. |
 |
| Descending to the South side of Rjavca. |
 |
| Avrikelj - Primula auricula is often known as auricula, mountain cowslip or bear's ear (from the shape of its leaves). |
 |
| Tiny alpine treasures hidden among the rocks. |
 |
| Alpine auriculas, perfectly adapted to their rocky home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment