Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, June 19, 2015

13182

Slovenia: Via Ferrata to Češka koča, Afternoon GeoCaching


Before work, Rok and me did a ferrata to Češka koča na Spodnjih Ravneh mountain hut, 1542 m. A via ferrata is a protected climbing route found in the Alps and certain other locations. The essence of a modern via ferrata is a steel cable which runs along the route and is periodically (every 3 to 10 metres) fixed to the rock. Using a via ferrata kit, climbers can secure themselves to the cable, limiting any fall.

Map of the ferrata. The hardest part is marked with a letter E.

 
Ferrata time 

Selfie by the inscription box

We successfully conquered the top. The ferrata itself is not an easy one, but still an average person should be able to do it. Although it was my first one, I didn't like it that much, since you are more or less forced to use the steel rope all the time.

Morning Ferrata

After work Nada and me did a little more GeoCaching. Photo from one of the spots.

GeoCaches found:
- CESKA KOCA, GC3KX5V, where I retreived trackable item "Ignaz, the small Austrian Elch", TB49BAW and he followed me today and spotted trackable item "Harley 2014", TB61JX3
- Meja, GC3FCQF
- TACENSKI SODARJI, GC48YFA
- Rock'n'Roll Will Never Die, Mystery, GC503J2, where I earned a souvenir called "Fun with Favorites"
- Pri opazovalnici / By the Observation Post, GC43817, where I left trackable item "Ignaz, the small Austrian Elch", TB49BAW

No comments:

Post a Comment