Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, May 28, 2021

15352

Slovenia: Paragliding Exam


In the beginning of the year I decided to continue with the paragliding school and today I came to the point, where the final test was waiting for me. In the morning we made 2 test flights and after lunch the exam began. First we had a theoretical part, consisting of 6 topics, flying theory, aeronautical meteorology, constructions and materials, emergency procedures, aeronautical medicine and aviation regulations. To pass the test, each topic has to have 80 % of correct answers, except for the emergency procedures, where you have no space for error. All 6 candidates passed the test and we were able to continue with the practical part. We drove to the take off site Lijak and we waited for the nice conditions. After I received my instruction, which exercise I have to do in the air I was ready. I took off, made the exercises, flying with speedbar and big ears and above landing site I reported to the instructor at the landing site. We had issues with the radio, so we didn't hear each other almost till landing. Finally the communication was successful, I made another exercise, 2 fast laps and the hardest part was in front of me, the landing on the specified area. As I was already low I hardly made it, but if you're in you're in. Exam passed. My friend Rok, with whom I swapped the glider for some administrative reasons, also came to fly here and while he was in the air, he lost his phone. Thanks to google apps, we were able to locate it in the thorn bushes, after it fell for almost 200 meters AGL. The phone survived without damage, so we had a double celebration. After a few beers, I continued my way to Mašun, where we will continue with the next adventure, cycling around Snežnik with mountaineering section AO Tržič.

 
Rok and my Tenor. Since he lost his phone, no photos of me.

 
I passed with flying colours and soon I left the scene of the crime and headed o Mašun. I though I already drank too much, as I saw a cat riding a rooster.

 
Evening in Mašun and deciding what we will do the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment