Tuši

Tuši's blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

14381

Austria: Ride to Emergency


Plan for today: morning ride, watch the roller sledding competition, beer and return back home. Plan collapsed at point 1, while I was riding on a macadam road and not paying enough attention on the road. The fence surprised me around the corner, I was too quick and I had to think of a quick scenario what to do. It turned out, that the outcome could've been much much better, well, on the other hand also worse. After a salto over the handlebar I ended up on the road. I got up and I saw my right wrist, deformed, my right shoulder also. Head was OK, so after a while I picked up a bike and tried to ride it with one hand. Well, it didn't work, my left thumb disobeyed. Luckily 2 young guys drove by and after a short talk, they told me they will bring someone to help. Help came quick and they drove me to the competition, since I knew that there is always an ambulance there. They patched me up, gave me some morphine and I was much better. We waited for the 1st run to finish and then they drove me to the finish line, where another ambulance was already waiting for me and took me to the emergency in a hospital LKH Stolzalpe. Couple of X-Ray pictures and we got the diagnosis: broken radius bone in a wrist, separated shoulder (type V) and broken metacarpal bone of a thumb (Bennett's fracture), not to mention the bruises. After they patched me up I waited for an ambulance from Slovenia till the evening and they drove me to a hospital to Jesenice, where I will wait for the surgery. Big thanks to all that helped!

Morning ride

Highest point of the day, where I decided to descent straight  to the roller sledding competition.

 
The end


Morning ride that didn't end as expected - Garmin Connect

  
In the hospital LKH Stolzalpe

No comments:

Post a Comment