Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, September 20, 2014

12910

Slovenia: AO Tržič: Newbies on first tour to Storžič


On Thursday I joined the opening meeting of AO Tržič (local alpine climbing association) and today we had our first climbing tour. After the tour I will decide if I will join their alpine school or some other. Nada also had time and she decided to join us.

First tour, first problems. Nada forgot her climbing harness and I couldn't find mine. Luckily my friend Boštjan had two of them and he lend them to us. Second problem was found on the meeting point. I forgot my camera (Srečko) and GPS (Jože). There was no time to go back, so we continued without them.

Our first tour was Kramar's route on Storžič, 2132 m. Details of the route:
  • Difficulty: IV/I-II
  • Length: 615 m
  • First climbed by: J. Avsec, R. Kramar, N. Salberger, 1938
Every trainee had his own instructor and we all successfully climbed to the top.

 
Helmets, harnesses, and other important instructions before the climbing part.

Towards Storžič

Our destination

Our group

Near the top

Few more meters

We descended via Škarjev rob back to Dom pod Storžičem mountain hut, 1123 m.

In the afternoon me and my friends had a party at so called "Tennis place". We ate, drank, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment