Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, February 27, 2021

15262

SloveniaBackcountry Skiing - Veliki vrh


Veliki vrh is a nearby peak and I've been on the top for many times, but I never skied from it. Today I decided to do that too. Nada and me started with a little bit of hiking, but when the snow layer was continuous, I put my skis on. We passed by Dom na Kofcah mountain hut and soon we reached a point called "Cross". This was a point, where Nada turned around and I continued to Kofce gora. The terrain wasn't easy, so I had to put on my crampons. As soon as I arrived to the Košuta ridge, the fog showed up, but I just continued to the summit of Veliki vrh, where I took 2 pictures of the fog and bad visibility conditions and then I slowly started skiing down. The fog disappeared and put a smile on my face. Easy skiing soon ended and after a little bit of walking I was reunited with Nada. We finished the day with an awesome burger from Karavla 297.

 
A little bit of hiking, before I put my skis on.

View to Storžič, Tolsti vrh and Kriška gora.

Above Dom na Kofcah mountain hut, 1488 m.

Tuši with Lešanska planina and Dobrča.

Goodbye Nada.

I continued towards Košuta ridge.

Arrived to Kofce gora, 1967 m.

The fog was just above my head.

With the help of the crampons.

Following the ridge towards Veliki vrh.

Summit conquered, altitude 2088 m.

Time to ski. Everything was white at the beginning.

My ridge, with Kofce gora on the right and Veliki vrh on the left, still covered with fog.

Spring took some snow, so I had to walk again - Garmin Connect.

Ending the adventurous day with a burger from Karavla 297.


No comments:

Post a Comment