Tuši

Tuši's blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

14453

Slovenia: Finished rehab in spa


After my accident and some broken bones I continued my physical therapy in spa Dolenjske Toplice and today I had my last day of the 14 day therapies. I significantly improved my wrist and shoulder strength and flexibility, still there is a lot of space for additional improvement.

Since I had a complicated way back home, I had plenty of time to explore the Congress square in Ljubljana.

A monument of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia was placed here in 1940, but just one year later it was removed by the Fascist Italian occupation forces. In 1954, after the formal annexation of Zone B of the Free Territory of Trieste to Yugoslavia, an anchor was placed in the park to symbolize victory over Italian expansionism and the union of the Slovenian Littoral with the rest of Slovenia.

Park zvezda (Star Park) and a statue of a toga-wearing Emonan (Emonec in Slovene). Emona (short for Colonia Ivlia Aemona) was the Roman name for the present city of Ljubljana. The statue is a replica of the grave sculpture from the second century, unearthed during the 1836 excavations. The original is in the National Museum.

Ljubljana Castle from Congress Square. Originally a medieval fortress, it was probably constructed in the 11th century and rebuilt in the 12th century.

Smell of Christmas and New Year time

GeoCaches found (all received a visit by trackable items "gran san bernardo", TB84C9J, "De reiziger", TB6R4VV and "FarmtagZ klompendans", TB6BAG2):
- Vislice / scaffold, GC47TGH
- SDP - Dan samostojnosti in enotnosti, GC68BTE
- SDP - Prešernov dan, Mystery, GC6AKA2

No comments:

Post a Comment