Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, June 21, 2025

16837

Slovenia: Diagonala 335


For years, Diagonala 335 has been one of Slovenia's best-known endurance cycling challenges. The route follows the country's longest diagonal, stretching from Trdkova in Goričko, near the borders with Austria and Hungary, all the way to Portorož on the Adriatic coast. The event traditionally takes place around the longest day of the year and began as a charitable project promoting physical activity and supporting young athletes. This year on the 9th edition of the event, Dejan and I decided it was finally our turn to take on the challenge. The day before the start, Katja, Dejan and I arrived near the satrt in Trdkova, giving ourselves a chance to rest before the long night ahead. Just after midnight, together with tens of other cyclists, we rolled away from the start line and began the more than 300-kilometre journey across Slovenia. From the very beginning, the pace was fast. Riders naturally split into groups according to their fitness and ambitions, and everyone quickly found their place in their group. We spent the first hours riding through the darkness, watching the sunrise somewhere in the heart of Slovenia before continuing our way south. With a few well-earned breaks for food, drinks and a short recovery, the kilometres slowly disappeared beneath our wheels. After about 15 hours in the saddle, I finally reached Portorož - Garmin Connect, completing the challenge from one end of Slovenia to the other. Tired but satisfied, I rolled across the finish line knowing that the mission had been finally accomplished.

Gathering before midnight.

 
Picture with my group (Tuši, Leon and Boštjan) and with Dejan, who was way faster than us.

 
On our way back home I joined the neighbors celebrating Tanja's birthday. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment