Tuši

Tuši's blog

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

11635

Doctors received the result of my infection. They found Staphylococcus aureus which caused an Osteomyelitis in my case. Simply said, it's an infection of the bone. The treatment will require prolonged antibiotic therapy, which usually takes 6 weeks.

Doctors decided, with consulting the infectologist,  that I should receive antibiotics for two weeks directly in my vein. First they try to insert a PICC line from my right elbow, but they couldn't put the line deep enough, so they decided to put in a central venous catheter. They also had some troubles here, but in the end they were successful. After some time, antibiotic named Fluclox was already running directly in my blood circuit, 2mg every six hours.

So if in best case, I will be stuck here in hospital for 14 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment