Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, July 09, 2022

15759

SloveniaCroatia: Ptuj, Source of Sotla river, Paragliding, Agility and gravel pit Pleterje


Nada, Bronco and me had a long day. In the morning we drove to Ptuj, where Nada had a knee magnetic resonance imaging. Meanwhile, Bronco and me walked around a bit and found a geocache near the Drava river. Nada was surprisingly quickly finished, so she picked us up and we drove to saddle Vrhe, from where we started our hike to the source of Sotla river. At our destination we found an interesting spring and soon we went our separate ways. Nada and Bronco returned back to the saddle Vrhe, while I continued towards the paragliding take off site Log pri Žetalah. There was tall grass on the take off site, still I managed to set up my wing and soon I was flying to the valley, where Nada and Bronco picked me up. We continued back to Ptuj, where we attended the agility competition. I don't know if Bronco learned any tricks, we'll see that soon. Our next stop was relaxing and swimming in gravel pit Pleterje. I must say, that they made the area very nice. The final act of the day was to drive back to our weekend house in Hrvatsko Zagorje, where we spent another night.

View to Drava river and Ptuj.

 
Nice hike to the source of Sotla river.

Interesting spring, that continues to run as a border river between Slovenia and Croatia for 89 kilometres till it reaches the Sava river.

Nada, Bronco and Tuši.

Border took me to my take off site, while the path needed to be improvised.

Clothes and garbage left overs.

Take off site with high grass.

Getting ready.

Flying towards Žetale.

Looking back to the take off site - Garmin Connect.

 
Bronco was observing the new tricks performed by his friends.

Resting near the Pleterje gravel pit.

In the shade.

Bronco is a typical example of the guard nog. He never sleeps.

Geocaches found (all received a visit by trackable items "Chakkuri's Community Volunteer Travel Tag", TB676DY, "Get a photo of a tree", TB8JV00 and "Magic: The Gathering, Rivals of Ixalan Trackable: Vampire Die Bonbon Dose", TB8Q8AY):
- D 45 POWER TRAIL KVINTA IN TUNKA, GC3PKDB
- Izvir Sotle 640m, GC4X6Z1, where I dropped off trackable item "Get a photo of a tree", TB8JV00

No comments:

Post a Comment