Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, July 23, 2022

15773

Slovenia, Italy, Austria: Hike & Fly, Motorcycling and Geocaching


In the morning I took my Blue Horse and we went for a ride to Podkoren, where I parked her. I put on my backpack with my glider and I went hiking on some new terrains. The path led me over Medvedjek to a peak called Jerebikovec. I continued on the ridge to mountain pasture planina Rekarščica and Kamnati vrh. Next peak on the menu was Visoka Bauha and finally I arrived to my take off site Grpišca. I spread my glider and with a quite strong westerly wind I hardly reached Podkoren.

Soon I was back on my motorbike Blue Horse, destination lakes called Belopeška jezera. I arrived to No Borders Music Festival and with the sound of music I hiked around the upper lake before I met with my cousin Hrc, who arrived with his friend on the bicycle. We had a beer and then we said goodbye to each other and I continued with my motorbike over Austria back home.

 
I like paths, where not a lot of people walk.

Fresh blueberries.

My first peak, Jerebikovec, 1621 m.

Mountain pasture Rekarščica, 1554 m, on Austrian side of the Karawanks.

Kamnati vrh or Steinberg in German, 1656 m.

Slovenian side of the mountain.

Perfect terrain for hiking.

 
Saddle Bavhica.

View to Julian Alps and Jalovec.

Finally at the take off site below Grpišca.

In the air, flying past Kranjska Gora towards Podkoren.

Finally I arrived. Due to strong wind from the West, I just reached my desired landing location - Garmin Connect.

No Borders Music Festival on lakes Belopeška jezera.

With the sound of music I made a circle around the upper lake - Garmin Connect.

The lakes of glacial origin are located in a limestone amphitheatre created by the Poldnik (Picco di Mezzodì) ridge of Mangart mountain.

Until 1918, the two lakes were located in Carniola (Kranjska).

On my way back, I stopped for a geocache.

Geocaches found (all received a visit by trackable item "Magic: The Gathering, Rivals of Ixalan Trackable: Vampire Die Bonbon Dose", TB8Q8AY):
- Kamnati Vrh (Steinberg, 1655 m), GC6JX4Q
- Bunker Serie #01 "Border Control", GC6F1MP
- Wahlheimat, GC3AGH0


No comments:

Post a Comment