Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, July 29, 2022

15779

Croatia: Summer Vacation 2022 - Day 2: Exploring Hrvatsko Zagorje


Nada still needed to work on Friday, so Bronco stayed with her, while I decided to explore Hrvatsko Zagorje. Today I decided to drive to Cvetlin, where I put on my paragliding backpack and started hiking. My first stop were attractive cliffs Velike pećine, also known as Švecova pećina and a cross on it and then I continued to Planinarska kuća Pusti duh mountain hut, unfortunately closed. I moved on and passed the church Sveti Trije Kralji (Three Wise Men) and soon I reached the top of Ravna gora with a pyramid on the top at the altitude of 694 m. My path led me past the take off site to another hut, Filićev dom, also closed at the time of my visit, so I slowly turned around and in a few minutes I was back at my take off site. I spread my wing and soon I was on my way back to the valley.

The day was still young, so I also decided to visit the Trakošćan Castle, that dates back to the 13th century.

Previous days of our Summer Vacation 2022: Day 1 - 15778.

After a few minutes of hiking in the village Cvetlin.

 
Cross above Velike pećine and Planinarska kuća Pusti duh mountain hut.

 
Church of the Three Kings and a pyramid of the top of Ravna gora, 694 m.

 
Stamp on the summit and Zagorska baptistery.

View to Hrvatsko Zagorje.

Peak, 10 minutes or Bar, 10 meters. Hard decision if the bar would be open.

Take off site Ravna gora.

My Tenor was ready.

Wind was OK, I was ready and it's time to fly.

Above Hrvatsko Zagorje.

Perfect place for landing - Garmin Connect. Thumps up for the locals.

My next stop was Trakošćan castle.

The castle is today owned by the Republic of Croatia.

 
According to a legend, Trakošćan was named after another fortification (arx Thacorum) that was alleged to have stood in the same spot back in antiquity. Another source claims that it was named after the knights of Drachenstein who were in control of the region in early Middle Ages.

Dried out artificial lake Trakošćansko jezero.

I made a nice 6 km circle around the lake - Garmin Connect.

 
Reunited back at our weekend house.

Geocaches found (all received a visit by trackable item "Magic: The Gathering, Rivals of Ixalan Trackable: Vampire Die Bonbon Dose", TB8Q8AY):
- Planinarska kuća Pusti duh, GC898R9
- Piramida na Ravnoj gori, GC5V5NR
- Filičev planinarski dom na Ravnoj gori, GC5V5N0
- Trakošćan 2, Multi, GC53DXJ

No comments:

Post a Comment