Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, January 30, 2021

15234

Slovenia: Backcountry Skiing - Below Prižnica, Hike to Prelaz Ljubelj


My plan for today was to conquer the highest peak of the Karawanks, Stol. I started walking with my heavy backpack from Završnica and in a hour I was at Valvasorjev dom mountain hut. I continued over Žirovniška planina mountain pasture towards Stol. Unfortunately I didn't like the conditions, and the avalanches above me were looking ugly, so I decided to turn around a little below Prižnica. The first part of skiing was also very ugly, due to the snowy balls from the avalanche in the ravine, but later in the forest it became a little bit better and soon I was back in the valley.

Since I was back early, I joined Nada on a hike to Prelaz Ljubelj in the afternoon and this one was a success.

Valvasorjev dom pod Stolom mountain hut, 1181 m.

View to Julian Alps.

The unstable area.

 
Time to turn around. Not much of skiing in first meters.

After a while, the conditions significantly improved.

Better luck next time.

Afternoon hike to Prelaz Ljubelj.

 
Enjoy the day - Garmin Connect.

  
Fish and beef burger.


No comments:

Post a Comment