Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, January 29, 2021

15233

Slovenia: Backcountry Skiing - Struška


I donated blood plasma yesterday, so I had a free day today. I used it for a backcountry skiing trip to Struška. I drove to Javorniški Rovt, where I parked my car and then a long snowy road took me past Pusti Rovt to mountain pasture Belska planina (Svečica). The road ended there and the thick fog started, so I advanced with the help of the GPS all the way to the top of Struška, 1944 m. I didn't stay long on the windy top, so I slowly started skiing in the fog with almost zero visibility. Everything was just white, I didn't know what is up or down or what is my direction. At one point I even fell 3 meters over the snowdrift, luckily the bottom wasn't so hard. I slowly continued back to Belska planina, where the visibility finally became normal and then I just normally continued back to Javorniški Rovt.

At first I didn't know which path I should take, but soon I was on the right one.

I hope the bears are really sleeping.

Long way on the road meant only one thing, not much fun on the way down.

Shortcut for the return.

Mountain pasture Belska planina (Svečica), 1700 m.

S55UJE repeater on top of Struška.

View to Pusti Rovt, 1296 m.

Last portion of skiing and then the long road back to the starting point. At least it was covert with snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment