Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, January 09, 2021

15213

Slovenia: Backcountry Skiing - Suho Ruševje and Vrh Ljubeljščice


Another nice winter day spent on skis. Today I conquered Žleb in Suho Ruševje valley and since I had to reattach the ski skins near Koča pri izviru Završnice mountain hut, I prolonged my trip to Vrh Ljubeljščice. On my way back home I made two stops for hydration, and after 8 hours I came home on skis. Doesn't happen every year.

View to Vrtača and Stol.

Entered the alpine valley Suho Ruševje.

View to Begunjščica on the South.

Suho Ruševje and my end point on the right side of the peak Zelenjak in the middle.

Looking over my shoulder to the terrain where I will ski.

Selfie with the view to Austria on my endpoint Žleb, 1916 m.

This is where I skied with Badžo in 2016 - 13468.

Vrtača, 2181 m and its Y, that is also skiable.

 
First part of the skiing over the wide Suho Ruševje and then into the forest.

Arrived to my 2nd peak, Vrh Ljubeljščice, 1704 m.

I was behind those first mountains.

Small accident in a creek on my way home, where I broke my ski pole.

Saturday on skis - Garmin Connect.


No comments:

Post a Comment