Tuši

Tuši's blog

Sunday, March 07, 2021

15270

SloveniaBackcountry Skiing - Stol


Stol is the highest mountain of the Karawanks and straddles the border between Slovenia and Austria. I skied once to the Austrian side (14200) and today I decided to do a longer route, starting from Ljubelj. On my way to the top I passed by Dom na Zelenici mountain hut, Koča pri izviru Završnice mountain hut, saddle Sedlo Šija, Srednji vrh, Srednja peč and Prešernova koča na Stolu mountain hut. It was a long way and I had to use my ski skins 3 times with a finishing ascend with crampons. After almost 5 hours I was at my destination, Stol, 2236 m. The way back was easier, but still I had a few small ascends on the way. Overall it was a great trip, that not many people do.

My destination? The farthest visible peak.

At saddle Sedlo Šija I removed my ski skins for the second time.

V Kožnah with Vrtača, Srednji vrh and Begunjščica.

 
Drying my ski skins across Srednja peč, where Nada and me hiked last year in November (15151).

View to Stol from Mali Stol.

Julian Alps with Triglav, Upper Sava Valley and the Karawanks ridge West from Stol.

Prešernova koča na Stolu mountain hut, 2174 m.

Selfie time.

After almost 5 hours I arrived to my destination.

 
View to Mali Stol and Bled on Slovenian side and through the skis on Drava on Austrian side.

Finally skiing.

V Kožnah, looking over my shoulder to where I skied.

Finishing the journey.

Trip with skis - Garmin Connect.


No comments:

Post a Comment