Tuši

Tuši's blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

12337

New Zealand: Day 83: South Island Motorbike Trip: Day 10: Abel Tasman National Park: Bark Bay - Marahau


Another day in Abel Tasman National Park was infront of me, at least 20 kilometres on Abel Tasman Coast Track, and since I wanted to do some sidetracks too, I started walking a little before 8 o'clock. As the day before, the scenery was amazing. I passed many bays and rivers where I also jumped into the water a couple of times.

Sunrise in Bark Bay

Bark Bay, the place where I camped

Sandfly Bay

Crossing the Falls River. The river is named because it falls more than 1000 metres in 10 km.

Torrent Bay

When the tide is low, you can cross the Torrent Bay at this point

Cascade Falls was one of the sidetracks

 
Refreshing swimming in Falls River

Abel Tasman Coast Track is one of the 9 New Zealand Great Walks

Swim at Cleopatra’s Pool

Anchorage Bay

Another sidetrip to Te Pukatea Bay on Pitt Head Loop Track

Anchorage Bay from another perspective

Sandy beaches are everywhere

Watering Cove

 

After more than 40 kilometres of hiking I was exhausted, but the finish was here

Beer for the end of the Abel Tasman Coast Track

Et the end I afforded a beer and then I went back to The Barn, where I camped for another night.

All day hiking in Abel Tasman National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment