Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

12307

New Zealand: Day 53: East Cape trip: Day 1


I started my weekend a bit early and my plan was to explore the area on East Cape.

 
I needed the maps of East Cape and Waikaremoana walks

I decided to use the side roads with less traffic and less police

Visited Wimbledon, unfotunately no tennis matches today, so I continued towards North

Visited the place with the longest name, called Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu. Fits to a place with the shortest name called Å, that I visited almost 3 years ago. Also found a geocache here called 52 On 52 - 85, GC2G2AJ

Nice scenery and empty road, so called paradise for motorbikers

22222,2 miles achieved between Napier and Wairoa, that just calls for celebration

The highest railway viaduct in New Zealand is the 97 m high Mohaka viaduct over the Mohaka River. This bridge is of steel girder construction, is 270 m long and was opened in 1937.

Crossing the Wairoa River

105 km of winding unsealed road before Murupara, well, Sonja and I will go for it

Here we go, road was dirty but quite good.

Meet the Lake Waikaremoana. From the Maori Waikaremoana translates as 'sea of rippling waters'.

Te Urewera National Park, the largest in North Island

Set for the night in Rosie Bay campsite

Finally after a long day, dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment