Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, January 19, 2013

12301

New Zealand: Day 47: BushwalkingGeocaching in Rimutaka Forest Park Day 02


After breakfast John and me continued our bushwalking in Rimutaka forest park and since we had all day, we went for a longer hike.

John wouldn't go anywhere without his gaiters

The geocache we desperately tried to find yesterday was hidden here. Today John found it immediately.

My friend John and me, Orongorongo River behind us.

Orongorongo river

View to Wainuiomata

Even my merino friend got a little bit tired

Through the forest

John taught me the names of some trees, but I forgot this one



Orongorongo Track - Big Bend Track - Whakanui Track - McKerrow Track - Clay Ridge Track - Middle Ridge Track - 27 EPIC kilometres


When we came back a group of local motorbikers was also camping in Catchpool Valley campsite and they kindly offered us a beer. Tomorrow I will also join them on a local ride. The epic bushwalking was finished and so we went home.

Geocaches that we found:
1. Gone Native - Northern Rata, GC2M93A
2. Clay Ridge Views, GC2XNV4 and trackable item "In Memory of Amber", TB3HCVW
3. Which Way?, GC2XNVD and trackable item "Minnie on the Run", TB27F4M

No comments:

Post a Comment