Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, December 31, 2021

15569

Austria: Backcountry skiing - Greim, Sledding - Winterleiten and NY Eve


I woke up quite early and after a short drive to Greimhütte, I was on my skis before 6 a.m. I started ascending towards my first peak, Sandkogel, 2214 m, and after I found a geocache, I continued to Greim, 2474 m. Since the peak was without the snow, I left my skis approximately 100 meters below the summit. I made a few photos and then I returned to my skis, I put them on and I had a nice skiing descent.

When I returned to our apartment, Nada and Bronco were already waiting for me and together we drove to Winterleiten, where we watched Junior World Cup in sledding on natural track. When the competition was over, we said goodbye to Slovenian racers and stuff and returned back to our place, where we spend the New Year's Eve.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Good morning.

On Sandkogel with the view to Greim.

And here comes his highness.

The top of Greim, 2474 m.

Cross with the Sun.

Scanning the area for future adventures.

Selfie time.

The fun part.

Lack of snow, still I had a good skiing day. Greim is the highest point on the picture.

Arrived back to Greimhütte - Garmin Connect.

Haven't used snow chains for years. Since it was very icy in the morning, I had no other option how to arrive to my destination.

 
Icy track.

Bronco and Slovenian coaches, Joža and Borut.

 
Bronco and his neighbour Vid.

Sleeping like a cat.

Relaxing before dinner.

Movie time.

Geocache found:
- Greim Reloaded, GC9DR4G, that received a visit by trackable items "JahodovaZmrzlina's first Travel Bug", TB4J4E2 and "Get a photo of a tree", TB8JV00

Some statistics for 2021 (Tuši, GeoCaching):

  • travelling in Europe, this year only 6 foreign countries
Countries visited: AustriaItalyCzech Republic, Croatia, Poldand, Lithuania. Together GPS recorded 37467 kilometers.
256 geocaches found in 2021

  • A lot more skiing and flying than previous years
More paragliding and cycling as previous year.

  
Charts of distance, elevation gain and number of events for 2021.

#backcountryskiing #mountains #NiedereTauern #CatahoulaLeopardDog #sledding #statistics #geocaching

No comments:

Post a Comment