Tuši

Tuši's blog

Sunday, March 01, 2020

14899

Austria: Backcountry Skiing - Below Falkert


Falkert is 2308 m high mountain in Gurktal Alps (Krške Alpe). My cousin Aleks and me decided to conquer it with skis. Since there wasn't enough snow in the valley, we started with skis on our back from the parking lot at the end of the sledding piste. To spice things up a little, I forgot my skins at home, so I carried them all the time. Soon the snow appeared and we followed the road past Falkkertschutzhaus and Hundsfeldgraben to Hundsfeldhütte. The nature wasn't kind to us and it sent us very thick fog and the more we were approaching the top the windier it was. Below the ridge we hardly saw each other, so we wisely decided it is time to return back. We put on our skis and return back to our starting point. The top of the mountain will wait for our next attempt.

No skiing here.

Aleks soon continued with skis, while I carried mine.

In the Hundsfeldgraben.

Back in the valley, safe and sound.

Backcountry skiing with my cousin Aleks - Garmin Connect

GeoCaches found:
- Alpen-Adria-Trail "Wächter", GC4M09P
- Potok sv. Oswalda / Sankt-Oswald-Bach, GC505Q2

No comments:

Post a Comment