Tuši

Tuši's blog

Friday, October 14, 2022

15856

Croatia: Babin vrh - Vaganski vrh - Bili vrh - Sveto brdo


We have been many times in NP Paklenica and a peak Vaganski vrh, 1757 m, has been on my to do list for some time and today, I finally decided to conquer it. I started later than I wanted, but I had a long day ahead of me, so no problem. My track led me past Veliko Rujno over Struge shelter to the ridge of the Velebit. I saw a peak called Babin vrh on a map, so I took a short detour and soon I was there. My next point was Vaganski vrh, the highest peak of the Velebit mountain range and since there was fog at the top, I didn't enjoy it that much. I still didn't want to go back in the valley, so I continued over Bili vrh to Sveto Brdo, with 1751 m the 2nd highest peak in the Velebit range and at that point I started to descend back to the valley. On my way I stopped at the shelter Dušice, visited the remains of Sv. Ivan chapel and for the end, I followed an almost non-existent path through the thorny bushes back to the seaside - Garmin Connect.

Nice path through the forest towards the ridge of the Velebit.

Weather was changeable, foggy at one time and clear at the other.

Stiff cliffs and lack of vegetation on the seaward side.

 
Shelter Struge located at around 1400 m a.s.l.

On top of Babin vrh, 1738 m.

Straight ahead towards the highest peak.

 
Foggy top of Vaganski vrh.

Just me and the mountain.

Still a long way to Sveto brdo.

My last peak of the Velebit for today, Sveto brdo, 1751 m.

The sky finally cleared.

While I was searching for a geocache I found something else.

My descent direction straight down and then right.

Dušice meadow.

Next time, I will come to Sveto brdo with a paraglider.

Shelter Dušice, 1262 m.

Beer time.

Sun was coming down, meaning I also have to be back soon.

My first buddies after the whole day.

Towards Malo Libinje.

Velebit as a whole is a nature park, from which two national parks have been carved out: Paklenica and Sjeverni Velebit (Northern Velebit).

Maybe extra-terrestrial forces will help me find the right shortcut to the valley.

Sv. Ivan / Saint John open chapel.

Geocaches found (all received a visit by trackable items "Finnish Flag Micro Geocoin", TB9N8D5 and "Bicycle Geocoin", TB6P7HF):
- Nationalpark Paklenica - Struge Hut, GC4BZDE
- Vaganski Vrh, GC3J54J
- Sveto brdo, GC2CFWM
- Kapela Sv. Ivan - Libinje, GC8BF6P


No comments:

Post a Comment