Tuši

Tuši's blog

Thursday, February 28, 2019

14532

Slovenia: Backcountry Skiing - Begunjščica


Gašper, Rok, Tadej and me decided to have a perfect day, so we started in the morning with our hike to Begunjščica. Tadej quit quite soon, as he slipped on icy surface, so only three musketeers remained. On our way to the top the remaining group changed the ascend plans a couple of times and in the end we chose the Y ravine to the summit. Guys were without skis, so I was a little slow on my way up, but it was much easier and especially I had more fun on the way down. Good morning!

Start in the dark, a little past 5 a.m.

We had to use ice axes and crampons

We woke up the sun too

On the slopes above Dom na Zelenici mountain hut

Y ravine

Sunrise on Begunjščica

View to Košutica and Veliki vrh

Alpine choughs aren't shy

Plenty of snow for skiing

My gear and me

First group photo

Tuši, Gašper and Rok

Another beautiful morning

No comments:

Post a Comment