Tuši

Tuši's blog

Saturday, April 20, 2019

14583

Slovenia: Almost 40


6 a.m. in the morning. Nada's unusual behavior woke me up. She was repeating to me, wake up, let's go, wake up, let's go. What the hell is going on, was the question in my head. I asked why, but she was just repeating, hurry up. Well, nightmare or not, I decided to go along with her secret project.

 
After the quick visit in the toilet, the surprise was waiting for me in the garage, a "Pony" bike and another one outside, where i saw my friend Aleš with his own bike. Well, after a few spoken words, I was on Pony bike, Aleš on his and we started riding towards Koča na Prevalu mountain hut, 1311 m. Since I had almost flat tires, I was able to switch my bike for a more sophisticated bike on the way. And so we cycled for 1 hour, till we reached the hut.

In the hut another friend joined us. It was Dejan. I said goodbye to Aleš, left my bike at the hut and me and Dejan started hiking towards the top of Begunjščica, 2060 m.

Above the Koča na Prevalu mountain hut with Dejan

 
20 minutes to the peak, but after a while I already saw a group of people on the ridge. Well, I gues the show will go on.

Me and Dejan on the ridge

Borut took a photo of me, Vlado, Dejan and Rok.

Guys brought up my glider to the top, so my next task was paragliding. Since the wind still wasn't blowing in the right direction, we chilled for a while.

 
Preparing to take-off

Just below the summit of Begunjščica with the view to Triglav

Successful launch

3rd adventure of the day - flying

 
Rok followed me with his typical start

Rok's Ion 3

Photo of me from below

View to Upper Sava Valley, snowy peaks of Julian Alps and Karawanks along with the  Moste Hydroelectric Plant

Artificially dammed Završnica lake and our landing point

Me and Rok in the air

 
We both landed and I thought the day was over. What else can happen, except that I go to a well deserved beer.

Well, the game wasn't over yet. My neighbors were waiting for me with equipment for standup paddleboarding. I guess I will have to learn that today.

 
The water is ice cold, so I had to gear up.

 
The hardest thing of standup paddleboarding - inflating the board

Unstable beginning on my knees

Boarding around the small lake and picking up the riddles from the water. I also caught a six pack of Laško on the way.

Spectators wanted some action

Courage kicked in

In the end you find out, that is easy, until...

... you fell into the cold water.

It was a deliberate fall, so the spectators were happy. I still believe that, but nobody else does too.

 
A medal for soon being 40.

 
After a beer I did one more lap around the lake. With a better SUP it really is easier.

 
Even horses came to watch me. Oh no, it is another adventure. My niece and her friend Neža came with horses.

 
Saddled

Ready for a 9 kilometre ride

 
Goodbye audience, time to go

 
My limit will soon say 40

Approaching Rodine, where Aleš brews beer. That was a good sign for me.

 
But as soon as I unsaddled the horse, Žiga gave me a new task. I had to find a geocache.

Solving the mystery with a "big" help from my friends teasing me. Oh yeah, that is fun.

Mastermind Nada checked how I think under pressure.

 
Žiga accompanied me on my geocaching trip around Rodine

Singing to myself - Relax, take it easy

 
Geocaching with my kickscooter Hilka and picking up puzzles from every cache. I guess this day will not end at all.

 
Another one bites the dust. Soon I find all of them.

Another stage, brewery. I am not leaving from here for a while, that's for sure.

 
Puzzle time. Well, this will have to wait for a while.

 
Well, this was finally the end. Barbecue and beer.

My friends, that you very very much for this awesome unforgettable day. You all rock!

Today's adventures:
- Cycling - Garmin Connect
- Hiking - Garmin Connect
- Paragliding - Garmin Connect
Standup paddleboarding
- Horse Riding - Garmin Connect
- Kick scootering
- Geocaching
- Eating and drinking

Unfortunately today was also a sad day, since my uncle and godfather Slavc left us. You'll be forever in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment